* The Mets embarked on a West Coast road trip last night after their Sunday night game at home against the Dodgers. Oliver Perez takes on Jonathan Sanchez of the Giants tonight. You can expect to see a lot of walks tonight as Perez leads the NL in walks while Sanchez ranks seventh.
* David Ortiz is reportedly out for tonight's game against the Orioles with a wrist injury. This should make things easier for Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie. Guthrie pitched very well against the Yankees last week.
* Kenny Rogers is 23-1 lifetime pitching in Oakland. He will be opposed by Rich Harden tonight when the Tigers face the A's.
* Oliver Perez is holding lefties to a .100 average so Bruce Bochy might sit John Bowker and Fred Lewis tonight.
* Jay Bruce of the Reds is batting .591 with two homers and six RBIs. He will be hitting in one of the best hitters' ballparks in the NL tonight when the Reds take on the Phillies at Citizens Park.
* Atlanta returns home tonight to face the Marlins. The Braves are 22-7 at home.
* Delmon Young is 7-11 lifetime against Yankees pitcher Andy Pettite. He will try to continue his success tonight against Pettite.
* Livan Hernandez, the Twins pitcher tonight, has given up too many hits all year. He will be in big trouble if the Yankees' batters start to tee off on him.
* How well will the Mets and Dodgers play tonight? Both these teams played a late game last night and had to travel all the way to the West Coast.
* The Rockies are 20-37 and really struggling. If they played in New York, the media would be calling for Clint Hurdle to be fired.