Here is a old video from 1988 when Sarah Heath was a young sports anchor. This might give hope to ESPN's Erin Andrews to one day get into political office as well. Can you imagine Miss Andrews as VP lol?
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Stanford will face Oregon State tonight in what should be a very competitive game in the Bay Area.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
D Wizzle is back with a new Hottie of the Week (HOW) and this week it is none other than Strikeforce ring girl and model, Nicole Craner.
Nicole is from Idaho but currently lives in Northern California in the Bay Area. Besides being a ring girl for Strikeforce, this 5'6 beauty is also a model and has been featured in Maxim and FHM.
Hi Nicole, how are you doing today?
I am doing good and you?
I'm good also. Do you know if you will be going to the Playboy Mansion for Strikeforce's September show?
I would like to go, but right now it's up in the air. The Playboy Bunnies are ringcarding this event so we may just be wearing our uniforms and walking around promoting Strikeforce.
The first match announced for that show is Misaki vs. Riggs. Since you were correct on the GSP vs. Jon Fitch prediction and told me that GSP would win and that it would go the distance, I'd like your prediction on this match too.
Riggs has been out for a couple fights so I am going to go with him. I am sure he wants to get back in the ring, and he probably has been training his ass off. I am going to say Riggs...second round.
What kind of modeling projects have you been working on lately?
I have actually taken some time off, which was needed, but I am ready to get back to the rush of things again. I will be appearing at Pro Battle MMA in Arkansas in October for their first event and I hope to be in Denver for the Strikeforce fights. I have been working on my own web page and that should be up soon as well. I was also contacted by FIGHT!Magazine and hope to be shooting with them soon!
What kind of guys do you like?
BAD BOYS!!! I tend to like guys with tattoos and piercings. I like the kind of boys that live on the edge, that are spontaneous, and are up for anything... trying to change that though! (laughs)
What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Redbull and Vodka..can't taste the alcohol and it gives me wings. (laughs)
What are some mistakes that guys make in bed?
For me, I like to be caressed. Don't get me wrong, I have my freaky down and dirty moments but if it's someone that I care about, I like to feel important, not wham bam thank you ma'am. (laughs)
What is your favorite sexual position?
(Laughs) Wow. We're getting deep aren't we? I am going to keep that one private!
You know I have to ask you the tough questions! Ok, on to the next question! What are some things that turns you off about guys?
Men that have slept with the entire bar! (laughs) If I can walk in a bar and pick out three girls you have slept with, then that is a definite turn-off. I also don't like conceited, insecure men, and also men that have no goals in life.
What part of your body gets the most attention?
What kind of tattoo is that on your right shoulder and on your lower back?
The tat is two dragon heads. I do plan on getting a sleeve eventually when I am done modeling. I have a tribal sign on my lower back and a Japanese symbol on the back of my right shoulder!
What do you like to do in your free time. What are your hobbies?
I love to dance.I have been dancing in my mirror since I was little. It's a passion of mine and it always relieves my stress. You will always catch me on the dance floor.I also love traveling and shopping. I love love love the beach and could live on it. I love music... all kinds from house to classic rock. I could download music all day. It's therapy to me.
Do you work out?
I do. I do weights and cardio. Dancing is basically where my cardio comes in. Dancing is how I keep in shape mostly.
If you were to fight on a Strikeforce show, who would you want as your opponent?
Trying to get the dirt aren't ya? (laughs) How about Josh Thomson? (laughs)
Why "The Punk"?
So I can kick his punk ass!!! He needs it because of his MOUTH!!! (laughs)
Who are some of your favorite MMA fighters?
I like B.J. Penn because he is amazing. I like watching Dan Henderson because he's a legend. GSP is simply phenomenal and Miguel Torres is such a bad ass. I admire Urijah Faber for his work ethic and passion, and Cung Le is such a humble and wonderful guy.
Thanks for taking the time to talk to me Nicole and answering my questions. It's been fun! Any final words to the fans?
Thanks D! Peace and love!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
The racial slur happens around the five minute mark of this video. The ESPN commentator Joe Tessitore and Mason have a great laugh at the expense of Chinese people.
Here is the transcript of these two bantering -
Joe Tessitore: Teddy Atlas goes to China and I end up with you, Jackie!
Jackie Mason: You don't know how lucky you are. What's he going to do in
China? All he's going to see is Chinese people. You can see them in the
neighborhood. (Tessitore Laughing real hard) Everytime you go to the
laundry, there's another "Chinaman". You don't have to go a hundred
thousand miles to meet a Chinese person.
There are NO excuses for racism and especially on a network like ESPN. Tessitore should be ashamed of himself for laughing so hard as well. Mason, who calls himself "The Ultimate Jew" should never be allowed on ESPN ever again.
I am surprised he didn't say the "N" word when discussing those two black fighters that were boxing. It is 2008 and racism is at an all time high on the airwaves and in the media.
A radio sports host in San Francisco also used the "chinaman" slur on the air recently. You can find more about that here - http://dwizzlesworld.blogspot.com/2008/08/racism-by-media-on-china-and-chinese.html
ESPN and KNBR should be ashamed of themselves for allowing people like Mason and Tolbert on the air.
Here is Olympian Aliann Pompey blogging live from Beijing, China. Pompey is a track and field competitor representing Guyana. D Wizzle's World knows that fans want to get an athlete's view on everything going on in China and NOT always from the biased media.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Welcome to the 23rd Olympic Games. Scratch that, welcome to the Jamaican National Invitational. Ok, Ok, I can do this. Welcome to the Usain Bolt experience. In case you missed it, Usain has now won the men's 100m in record time.
Before the race started Derrick Adkins took out his phone, and said he was calculating how fast he was going to run. "10 flat for the curve, flying start for the last 100m, that's about 8 seconds. 19.25" Laughter, doubt, and jokes followed. One person said drinks should be on Derrick if the world record goes. The general consensus was 19.5 or there about. I guess we all owe Usain a drink. I'm still in shock. A lot of people are. I'm really happy for Brian and Kim for making the finals, and Churandy for his silver medal. Brendan should've been in there too (Antigua). For now, it's Usain's world, we're just here to idolize him.
OVERHEARD IN THE CAFETERIA "I GUESS JAMAICA WANTS ALL THEIR ATHLETES TO HAVE GOOD TEETH. THEY ALL HAVE BRACES."
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Today we took a trip to the Forbidden City, Tienamen Square, and Chairman Mao's mosemleum. The whole Guyanese team went, except for Mr Rose, the team's manager. I really wish he did, he's the funniest person here. It was a ton of walking. My feet are killing me, I swear it's as hard as a track workout.
We started at the Mosemleum, and we had to walk about a mile to put our bags in the check area. You are not allowed in there with anything. Then we walk back, standin line, go through security, and enter. A brisk walk into the chamber, you see Chairman Mao being laid to rest in a glass case. Everything is quiet, no one is saying a word, some lay flowers as they go in, pay their respects and leave.
The Forbidden City was a giant maze, in the form of a nesting egg. Everything looks very similar. You walk through a court yard, beautiful, AMAZING architecture, go through a big gate/door, into another courtyard. The colors are a bit different, but for the most part, it's very similar. I took about 100 pictures, this time I had my camera. The historical significance of Tieneman Square resonated deeply with me. But let me not get all political on you.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I'm still a bit bitter, I admit it. I've been moping, eating McDonalds, laying down right after I eat, everything that's in "Athlete's Don't do This" book, I've been doing. I wanted Shericka to win. I almost popped a muscle in my neck cheering for her. That's it. I'm now officially over it.
Monday, August 18, 2008
I didn't even cry. On my way from the computer lab after my last post to the room to cry, I ran into a few people I know, and some I didn't. What I got was encouragement. people saying how proud they were of me, how close I was, how much they were screaming, and for a second, I felt like I actually accomplished something. The coach from Surimane: Guyana, you did great. We are neighbors, and I was cheering for you the whole time. British Virgin Island Official: I was on my feet til the final round, praying that you made the finals. Friend: Not one soul can say you went out there and didn't give it your all. Sometimes I think I am most critical of myself. I still didn't do what I came here in mind to do: I didn't make the finals. Plain an simple.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
- NBC's Bob Costas said on last night's Olympics broadcast that he didn't like Jamaica's Usain Bolt showboating and pounding his chest during Bolt's 100 meters victory. He thought it was disrespectful to the competitors and did not exemplify the Olympic spirit. As usual, I disagree with the midget once again. Bolt worked very hard to perform well in Beijing and he should show emotion and youthful exuberance. Costas was probably never an athlete and doesn't know how it feels to win an athletic competition.
- Sporting News Radio's Peter Brown said that the swimsuits worn by the swimming competitors today gives them a great advantage. He cites Dara Torres being able to swim faster now than when she was in her twenties. Torres is 41 years old. Brown also questioned how fast Phelps would have swam wearing Mark Spitz' speedos from the 70's. I think he also mentioned how the new swimsuits today give the swimmers 5% more oxygen.
- NBC showed more American bias when the gymnastics analysts and announcers complained about China's gymnast winning the gold over Nastia Liukin last night in one of the gymnastic competitions. The announcers also questioned the Chinese gymnast's age again. Talk about sore losers and whiners.
- Susanna Kallur, the Swedish hurdles runner, got off to a slow start, and fell down trying to jump the first hurdle last night. You can see the video of this on my blog. It is one of the most popular videos on D Wizzle's World right now.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
EliteXC had another exciting ShoXC show on Showtime last Friday night at the Table Mountain Casino in Friant, California.
The main event featured a rematch between light heavyweights Po' ai Suganuma and Jared Hamman.
There were five fights in total on the televised card, and all five fights had its moments.
Many of the fighters on the card were not well known and were trying to make a name for themselves. This made a lot of the fights exciting and thrilling as all the fighters were out to prove that they belong in EliteXC.
Suganuma, a training partner of B.J. Penn's, defeated Hamman a few months ago in a controversial ending. The fight lasted only 15 seconds after Suganuma landed a flying knee to Hamman which forced the referee to stop the fight.
Hamman was victorious this time as he ended the fight in the first round after several vicious hammer fists to Suganuma.
Suganuma had the advantage early on in the fight, and it looked like it could end quickly again, but Hamman was able to withstand the early onslaught and then go on the offensive.
Commentators Mauro Ranallo and Stephen Quardos mentioned a possibility of a trilogy as they could see these two fighters going at it once again.
The first match shown was between Keith "KO Kid" Berry and Ray "Lights Out" Lizama.
This was a great fight to start the show as these two fighters entertained the fans with a stand-up war.
Berry won the first round by utilizing the plum clinch and delivering some nice knees and punches to Lizama.
Lizama was able to escape a rear naked choke by Berry which almost ended the fight.
In the second round, Lizama rocked Berry with punches which had the 20-year-old retreating. Somehow, Berry was able to come back strong and started to deliver some shots to Lizama.
Eventually, Lizama started to land his right hand again, and Berry finally went down after two overhand rights to his body.
This was a big upset as Berry was favored to win because Lizama only had a 5-5 record coming into the fight, and was also fighting on late notice.
Lizama was a replacement for Reggie Orr who backed out of the fight with Berry.
The fight was at a catch-weight of 190 pounds. Lizama looked a lot bigger than Berry.
The second fight was a women's match between veteran Debi Purcell and Rosi Sexton from Manchester, England.
Round one was boring as they were just clinching and positioning against the cage.
Round two was better, and the hightlight was Sexton's superwoman punch which was countered nicely by Purcell's leg kick.
Purcell started round three off with a spinning back fist.
The round was as close as the first two. Sexton attempted a nice cartwheel guard pass which Purcell was able to nullify.
The fight went to the judges and Sexton was awarded the win by split decision.
Fabricio "Morango" Camoes made quick work of Sammy "The Squeeze" Morgan in the first round with a rear naked choke.
The fight only lasted 47 seconds as Camoes was able to slam Morgan down to the mat and get full mount on his opponent.
Once Morgan gave his back, Camoes secured the choke for the quick victory.
UFC fighter Diego Sanchez was in Camoes' corner.
Camoes said that he wants to face some big names now and mentioned EliteXC lightweight champion, K.J. Noons, as a potential future opponent.
In another fight, Cyrille Diabate defeated Jamie Fletcher by unanimous decision.
Diabate reminds me of UFC fighter Corey Hill as they both are very tall and have bald heads.
Diabate controlled most of the fight, although he was taken down a few times by Fletcher.
Fletcher's face was extremely bloody thanks to a cut to his eye.
Diabate said he wants to fight Rafael Feijao next.
This show was not as hyped as a UFC pay-per-view show, but the fights on this card were better and more entertaining than what the UFC has offered MMA fans of late.
Highlights of the show include the great war between Berry and Lizama, Camoes' submission win over Morgan, and the non-stop brawl in the main event between Suganuma and Hamman.
The winners of the non-televised fights were David Douglas, Katrina Alendale, Jesse Brock, Lucas Gamaza, and Robert Vargas.
- I didn't know hip hop artist T-Pain was participating in the Men's 100 Meters last night. Wait, that was USA's Walter Dix. Dix won the bronze and Jamaica's Usain Bolt won the gold.
- It is ridiculous how all the best and exciting events that the fans want to see are on late at night on NBC in the West Coast. There is no way kids and some adults can stay up so late every single night to watch. I guess NBC wants people to check out their website instead to watch.
- All the good events that fans want to see don't start until after 11p.m. That is unacceptable and unfair to viewers.
- Who is taller? Bob Costas or USA gymnast Shawn Johnson?
- The media in America keeps on blasting China's gymnasts for supposedly not being 16 years old. I think they should investigate Shawn Johnson instead. She looks like she is 12 or 13. If China did not win the gold medal in the team competition, no one would have sour grapes.
- Michael Phelps reportedly makes over 5 million in endorsements yearly. Many parents are going to send their young kids to swimming classes next week.
- Jamaica's Usain Bolt's set a world record in the 100 Meters. He would have had a faster time if he didn't let up before he reached the finish line. He was ahead of the whole pack and started to celebrate before he reached the finish line.
- I believe tonight's big event is the women's floor exercise competition in gymnastics. There should be a lot of track and field events shown on NBC tonight also.
- QB J.T. O' Sullivan led the team to two touchdowns in the first half.
- O' Sullivan finished 8-17 for 154 yards with one TD and one terrible interception to Charles Woodson.
- Alex Smith went 5-12 for 62 yards. Smith only played the 3rd quarter.
- O'Sullivan completed some nice passes to WR Josh Morgan including a 59-yard TD at the end of the first half.
- Morgan, the rookie WR from Virginia Tech, looks really good in the first two preseason games. He looks very big and muscular and reminds me of Terrell Owens back when he was a 49er.
- New punt returner Allen Rossum capped off the scoring in the game with a sweet 67-yard runback of a Jon Ryan punt.
- The 49ers showed a pass rush last night. They were collapsing the pocket of the Green Bay quarterbacks all evening.
- Ray McDonald and Tully Banta-Cain did a great job pressuring the QBs. There was no pass rush at all last year.
- If the 49ers D-line can play like this throughout the season, the secondary will look a lot better than it did last season.
- Free agent WR Cam Colvin looks to be a good candidate for the practice squad if he doesn't make the 53-man roster.
- Isaac Bruce needs to play more so he can gain some chemistry with the QBs. I don't care if he is a veteran and knows Mike Martz' system. He is playing with a new QB this season and needs to get his timing down with the QB.
- Safety Dashon Goldson looked impressive last night as well. I would like to see him start over Mark Roman. Goldson is a ballhawk. He played a lot of cornerback in college when he was playing for the Washington Huskies.
- Mike Nolan has said one of the reasons he likes O'Sullivan is because he has "competitive fire." So did Trent Dilfer.
Friday, August 15, 2008
SHOXC RETURNS TO SHOWTIME ON AUGUST 15TH
PO'AI SUGANUMA VS.
JARED HAMMAN II IS HERE!
ShoXC returns to Showtime, live from the Table Mountain Casino in Friant, CA, on Friday, August 15th with an explosive night of MMA fight action, including:
Po'ai Suganuma vs.
Jared Hamman (Rematch!)
Fabrico “Morango” Camoes vs.
Cyrille “The Snake” Diabate vs.
Debi Purcell vs.
Keith “KO Kid” Berry vs.
Commentators will be "The Fight Professor" Stephen Quadros and Mauro Ranallo.
Watch ShoXC on Friday, August 15th at 11PM (ET/PT)...only on SHOWTIME.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
- Many readers have mentioned that Tom Tolbert of KNBR ripped on me today on his radio show. His listeners also did the same. Don't hate me Tom because YOU were the one that made the racial slur. Here at D Wizzle's World, we just report the facts and news. A lot of readers said you should be fired and are very angry at you. That is your fault. You have lost a lot of fans.
- Another reader said that Tolbert immediately apologized after he said his racial slur. If anyone has tape of that so called "apology" I would like to hear it. What constitutes an apology these days anyways? I did not recall or hear an apology at all.
- The Giants continue their losing ways by getting swept by surging Astros.
- Barry Zito is on pace to lose 20 games. Do you really think the Giants will let him start another game after he loses #19 sometime next month?
- 1B John Bowker got sent to the minors FINALLY. This guy was great for two weeks and then got into a huge batting slump once teams knew how to pitch to him. He could be another Lance Niekro, Damon Minor, and J.R. Phillips. Will Clark, he is not.
- The Dodgers are really pushing Arizona in the NL West for first place. Arizona's strength is their two aces, Brandon Webb and Dan Haren. Adam Dunn will help this team offensively just as Manny Ramirez has for the Dodgers. Both are great home run hitters and terrible in the outfield.
- Milwaukee has a good record in spite of Ned Yost. The Brewers' manager is one of the worst in the majors. How will he survive next year without prehaps CC Sabathia and Ben Sheets? They are both free agents after this season.
She knocked Team USA out of the competition for the gold in the Beijing Games but watch her knock out a guy in the video.