Kurt Osiander before his fight
More Pictures Here - http://dwizzlesworld.blogspot.com/2008/07/gladiator-challenge-summer-showdown_19.html
D Wizzle was at Kezar Pavilion in San Francisco for the Gladiator Challenge "Summer Showdown" MMA event on Friday night. The building was packed with MMA fans from all over the Bay Area.
There were ten fights and the main event lasted all of six seconds.
Pictures from the evening should be up by Monday.
- Nate Moore defeated Kurt Osiander in the main event in six seconds by TKO. The crowd was rooting hard for Osiander and the TKO caught the majority of the crowd by surprise.
- Best fight of the night was between Zak Bucia and Adam Albright. The three-round war ended with Bucia gaining the split decision over Albright. The judges scored the fight 29-28, 30-27, and 29-28.
- Gabriel Solorio won his fight over Justin Hoglund. Hoglund was bloodied up pretty bad and the fight was stopped due to the cut in the second round.
- Other winners included Ryan Bastianelli, Matt Greene, Mike Fazzino, John Devine, and Larry Mays.
- Mays defeated Will Davis in the first fight of the evening due to a verbal tapout after round two.
- Fazzino defeated San Francisco police officer Bryan Lujan by TKO due to strikes in the first round. Lujan wanted to keep the fight standing but Fazzino took Lujan down and started to pound Lujan with punches.
- It was a very cold night in San Francisco but the women in the crowd were looking very hot. There were tube tops,short dresses, and miniskirts everywhere.
- Raul Castillo was very impressive in defeating Josh Neal. Castillo rained down a lot of punches on Neal and the referee had no choice but to stop the fight in the first round. Castillo is a middleweight fighter.
- UFC fighter Jon Fitch was in the house supporting his AKA teammate Nate Moore.
- The crowd was loud and very raucous. The place was pretty much packed.
- I sat next to K-1 and MMA fighter Rick Cheek for most of the night. He told me he is fighting in two weeks in Hawaii in a K-1 tournament. Good luck Rick!
- The PA announcer introduced Bay Area boxing legend Irish Pat Lawlor who came into the cage with applause from the fans.