Saturday, December 11, 2010

UFC 124 Post Fight Press Conference Notes and Quotes

UFC President Dana White said there were 23,152 fans in attendance.
The Submission of the Night went to both Jim Miller and Mark Bocek. They both get $50,000.
Mac Danzig got the Knockout of the Night and gets paid $100,000.

The Fight of the Night went to Georges St.Pierre and Josh Koscheck. Koscheck was not at the press conference as he was taken to the hospital.

White said the GSP/Koscheck fight was a good fight. "He (St.Pierre) picked apart someone who is a great athlete. He pitched a shutout without wrestling.

St.Pierre: "I wanted a knockout or submission. I closed his right eye so I was going with a hook and high left kick. He's very tough. I wanted to beat him with wrestling in the first fight and now boxing. My opponents don't know what's coming. MMA is like a chess game."

He was not satisified with his performance because he did not finish Koscheck. He was disciplined with his game plan and did not fight an emotional fight.

The welterweight champion wanted to knock out Koscheck more than hurt him for five rounds. He said he could possibly see Koscheck in the cage once again in the future.

St.Pierre said he has to be careful about playing with his weight and that if he moves up to 185, he won't come back down to fight at 170 pounds. He said he is currently 190 pounds but would want to pack on at least ten more pounds of muscle in order to fight at middleweight.

Someone in the media asked him about Jake Shields and St.Pierre praised Shields by saying that he likes to watch Shields fight. He said Shields is amazing and he likes seeing him beat guys in two different weight classes.

He also mentioned that he is happy for his training partner, Sean Pierson, who won a prelim fight tonight against Matthew Riddle.

Jim Miller: "I wanted to gain respect. I didn't understand why he (Charles Oliviera) was the favorite coming into the fight.I knew he was talented and dangerous with a big future ahead of him. I fought tougher guys than him."

Mac Danzig:"It feels great to win. I'm happy with my performance but I can't rest or relax even though I won. I need to bring in a streak of wins."

No comments: