Thursday, January 20, 2011

Strikeforce fighter Herschel Walker talks about his diet, ballet, and the NFL playoffs

Former NFL running back and current Strikeforce fighter Herschel Walker was on a local radio station yesterday to promote his upcoming fight against Scott Carson.

Walker will be taking on Carson on January 29 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose as part of the "Diaz vs. Cyborg" card.

The 48-year-old Walker did a great job of promoting the Strikeforce event and his fight by mentioning the other fighters on the card as well as giving credit to his opponent.

The interviewer didn't know anything about MMA and twice said that Walker will be fighting in a ring when he will be fighting in a cage next week.

Most of the questions asked by the interviewer were about Walker's diet, ballet, and the NFL playoffs.

The former Georgia Bulldog great said that he is ready to fight and that he has been training at the AKA gym. Walker said he enjoys the sport and the competition but he doesn't know how long he will be fighting.

Walker discussed his diet and said he doesn't eat any read meat or fish. He said he only eats one meal a day which consists of just a salad and soup. He called himself an oddball and said he isn't a guy that likes to eat.

Here are some interesting quotes from the interview with Walker.

"I'm just not a guy that loves to eat. I love to work and love to work out. I think I go against all the nutritionists who say you need to do this or need to do that so I'm one of the oddballs."

"I just think I'm blessed. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I have a great grandmother that passed away at 104 and two grandparents that passed away at 97 and 95 and they never worried about protein. They just enjoyed life and that's what I'm doing."

"Eat what you want to eat but be just be willing to pay the price. If you know you want to eat more cake or more cookies, be willing to work out a lil bit more. I think that's the problem people have is you want to eat bad, but yet you don't want to pay the price to work it off."

"I told Bob Cook and the people at Strikeforce that I wanted a more experienced fighter and someone that has been fighting for awhile because I really respect MMA a lot and I want this to be a great fight."

"They picked a guy that's got a lot of experience but he hasn't been fighting that much and people have been coming down on him and I said you can't do that. Scott Carson has been training for a long,long time so I may have bitten more than I can chew but I want to make it a great fight."

"On the card on the 29th, they got a lot of great fights. I been saying that Nick Diaz and the Diaz brothers are some of the finest fighters I've ever seen. I love the way they fight and he is really going to put on a great show. Robbie Lawler has been doing very well and his fight with Jacare is going to be an exciting fight."

"Trevor Prangley who is also from AKA will be fighting one of the best jiu-jitsu guys(Roger Gracie) in the world today."

"As long as you always look up, you're going to go up. No matter how difficult the road is, you got to always look up and continue to work at it, and you're going to be better. I'm not ever going to say that Herschel Walker will ever be a world champion but I'm always going to excel to be better than what I was yesterday."

"I picked Pittsburgh to go to the Super Bowl and I also picked Chicago but who can take anything away from Aaron Rodgers? The way he's playing right now, the guy can't miss. He's throwing the ball so well and he's controlling his team so well."

"Coach Rex Ryan, I think he's a great coach and he's one of those mind guys. If you notice, every team that they lost to, he talked about the quarterback. He challenged Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and got them angry but in this case here with Ben, he's now praising Ben so much, I think he's trying to get into the quarterback's head and I think it's a psychological thing but I don't know if PIttsburgh will fall for it."

"I love the Jets and the way Coach Ryan approaches the game."

"I started ballet in my early 20s. I studied for about ten years. Ballet is probably the one of the hardest things I've done, almost like MMA. People don't give it a lot of credit and think it's easy but it's very difficult. For an athlete, you use muscles you really don't use and ballet is something I really respect."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doch auch diejenigen, die sehr gern entscheiden wollen, was die geile Schlampe vor der sexcam
machen soll, sind beim Sexcam Chat genau an der richtigen Adresse.
If you follow any sort of gaming news you probably heard about the" play" part would be well advised to look elsewhere, at least
not in a" Fresh Pots! Amazon's also rather inexplicably moved the sliding power button from the top of the phone is pretty much unchanged, which isn't much of a negative impact on overall browser performance.